Ladies and Gentlemen I am writing from the midst of one of my freakouts. I call them freakouts because that's what they are. I want to cry and scream and rip my hair out because it won't stop getting in my eyes. I want to punch windows and walls and doors. I want to break my hand and scar my knuckles. I wanna throw my computer on the cement and start stomping on it. I'm scared and angry and nauseous and anxious. I want to start running and not stop ever. I feel like I have a star that it going supernova inside my chest and the only way to get the energy from the blast out is to run and scream and do all the things I just said. I don't know now to stop this. I hate now I am feeling. I woke up feeling like this; this scared anxiety.
I could be going through this because I'm on my way down from my anti-depressants. I feel great at 10mg of celexa but at none I feel like this, at 20mg I feel like this and my doc insists on having me at 40mg!! When I was at 40mg she said that I was showing symptoms of a bipolar person and I know bipolar, I'm not bipolar.
I could be going through this because the first week of school just ended and I am very behind on my reading assignments; I wish I didn't have to work during the school year.
I could be going through this because my eczema blew up with week. My chest, neck, and eyelids are so red and painful and it's because I'm allergic to my boyfriend's scented deodorant, body wash, and body spray. I told him that he had to stop using it or I'd have to break up with him for the sake of my health. He said he'd think about it. I told him NO, there is no thinking about it, it must be done or we are done. He asked if we could be still be friend if we broke up. Oh God, he's breaking up with me, was what I was thinking. I said that we couldn't still be friends, what the hell was he thinking? How could I still be his friend if he was boinking another girl?! I told him that. I was standing with my back to him, my face in the wall, I was sobbing. He hugged me and said that he didn't want to lose his best friend. It took me an hour to convince him he needed to do it. My married guy friends at work said that if their wives asked them to do what I'm asking him, they'd have no problem doing it. I don't know if that's because they are married to their girls, or they are just saying that because they aren't actually going through it. I hate my skin for making me do this to him. He said that I'm a hard person to live with because of my health. Yeah, I'm allergic to the fucking world and it hurts like hell and I might not be able to have kids but I don't have cancer! I don't have Alzhimers! I have all my fingers and toes and I'm IQ isn't 70! What if he can't do this? What if he decides that I'm not worth it? What if I can't find someone else? What if we get married and I pass this shit on to our kids? What if I get worse? What if I turn so ugly that he can't stand to look at me? I hate my fucking skin so much!! I just want to cut it all off and get skin grafts from a normal person. I just want to be happy and healthy and be loved for who I am!! I can't say that Alex is going to fall into all my what-if's, it's only been two days, but these are the thought going through my head. I'm crying so hard I can't really see the screen. I hate this I hate this I FUCKING FUCKING hate this!! Why can't I be normal and healthy like all the other bitches he's dated and been with?! I keep trying to tell myself that I'm healthy and normal but it doesn't help when my co-workers say that they are so impressed that I can do this because they couldn't. That means I'm not normal!! I want to be normal!! I want to wear make up like Angie and Kelsi. I want to dye my hair twice a month like they do. I want to be pretty like them. I don't want to have bright red eye lids that look like they are on fire. I don't want to have scaly fingers. Why can't I be normal!!
What if I never find someone who will love all of me? What if I'm like this forever, ugly and unhealthy and unlovable? What if I get married and then I get worse and he divorces me? Do you see what the freakouts do to me? They carry me down a raging river and smash me into rocks and dunk me under icy water until I believe that I'll never get out. And I can't get out.
Life. What a crappy deal some days. I don't know why you have been gifted with this particular trial, but it's yours, and I can't take it away from you. Though I would if I could, because it's so hard to watch you be in pain. Keep working through it, and be patient with yourself and those around you. We are learning too. And that includes Alex.
ReplyDeleteAwe Erin, I love you! So sorry to hear that it has been really really hard lately! Come visit me soon and let's go to Bountiful Nutrition. I'll read up on it too. And we can always go see someone at Dave's Health and Nutrition in SLC. It's just another really good resource that could help alleviate some pain. AND YOU ARE GORGEOUS!! You don't have to have all that stuff to make you beautiful. We see that and Alex sees that too! Ella sends baby hugs!! We hear the babies heart beat today!!!
ReplyDeleteMy sweet cousin. Your worth and awesomeness are far more important in the end. We all have our own trials that we have to deal with, many of which lie underneath the surface everyone else "sees." As a gal who also has problems with worrying to much about the future. (If you doubt this you can verify with my mom or Robert) Living in a state of "What ifs..." can help us prepare for the possibilities of life, but also can hold us back from fully enjoying it if we let it get to far.
ReplyDeleteIn my candid opinion, people who choose to judge you based on your looks and medical condition are kinda shallow. Also, the idea of being normal is an illusion created to make people feel inferior. So don't let it. You are in no way inferior to anyone else. You are strong and resilient, and don't need to worry so much about their negativity. You are lucky to have people who love you for you, no matter what (even if you don't know it.) Love sees past the way you "look" and loves who you are. It just takes time to adjust to new situations in life and how to best deal with them, but fear not because you can.
So this is my big hug to you from across the country... I love you! You are awesome! You are worth the effort! You have it within you to overcome this and anything else thrown in your way!