What is a good reason to get married?
Because you love that person?
Because that person is your best friend?
Because you want to have sex with that person?
Because you want to have children with that person?
Because that person may be your last shot a marriage?
Because you can't imagine life without that person?
Because that person makes you happy?
Because that person inspires you to be better?
Because you love that persons family?
Because you want to have a wedding?
Because your religion says you have to?
Because your parents tell you to?
Because you need someone?
Because that person completes you?
Because you want to grow old with that person?
Why do people get married?
Hmm, for me, I'd say, some of most of those, and because you can't fathom living another second of your life without them. Definitely NOT because of religion or because your family or your friends like him (they won't be married to him!!). My spouse once told me, (and I agreed) that when he was with me, it felt like he could finally breathe. I believe our hearts are better at recognizing what our spirit needs, so I married, because I was following my heart and it felt right.
ReplyDelete