This is a collection of my random thoughts on school, politics, books, television, movies, religion, my social life, and all the other things I contemplate.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
time management
I have a hard time with time management. I have a long list of things to do but seem to do only half of them. Maybe it's because I get sucked into watching movies with my roomies or sucked into facebook. The joke, "I opened my browser and facebook was up... I didn't realize time had passed until the sun went down (or rose)," totally fits my life. And hanging out with Alex takes time too, thought we do work on homework together so that helps. Making money also takes time, and spending it does too. And eating!! Why do I have to waste time cooking and then eating? Why can't I just photosynthesize? That would make my life a little easier... but I'd have to move to warmer state to make it advantageous. And don't get me started on sleeping! Did you know that if you sleep less than 8 hours a night you gain 3-4 lbs in a week? But when was the last time I had 8 hours of good sleep? I don't even know..... Homework takes time... Religion takes time... Classes take time... Laundry takes time... So many things to do, but how do I do it all?! That is the question I pose to you dear reader: How do you manage your time? What are some tricks, tips, and suggestions you can give to me, a starving college student ;) , about how to manage my time more efficiently.
Labels:
helpful hints,
me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Quit getting sucked into watching movies!! Hey, wanna watch Freaks and Geeks sometime? Haha ;)
ReplyDeleteSchedule out your day and week either on a piece of paper or on a spreadsheet. Not every little detail per se, but block out the times for school, work, homework and meals. Also make sure to prioritize your activities and reward yourself or give yourself a small break here and there. If you do homework for one hour take a 10 to 30 minute break where you read for fun or pop in a half hour TV show (or a full hour one that you watch part of) to unwind. To maximize that break, if it's a longer one, eat a meal during that TV show.
ReplyDeleteAnd speaking of meals you could try cooking up large amounts of food every few days so all you have to do later is grab some of that premade food and eat. Yes, laundry also takes time but once a load's in you can do other things while they're washing and/or drying.
It really just comes down to prioritizing everything you do. You should have HIGH priorities; those things that must be completed, MEDIUM priorities; those things that should be completed but might have a little more flex room on their deadline, and LOW priorities; those things that, honestly, if you don't complete aren't going to be a major disaster on your home/school/social life.
One last thing: having the will power to follow through AND the will power to occasionally say no to your roomies (channel your inner Nancy Reagan) will put you on the right path.
Good luck my friend :)