I was at the grocery store with my mom and little sister today. I was just getting done using the restroom after having bumped into my most recent ex when Ali called me. "GUESS WHO I JUST SAW?!?!" "Yeah, I know, my ex is here." "NO!!! Thomas is in the store!!" The adrenaline that flooded my system was immediate and over-powering. I was in high school again and the guy I liked, but who hated me, was in the store. I saw him out of the corner of my eye. He was shopping with him mom. I walked swiftly around the corner with my sister. "You are not allowed to leave the store without looking at him," my mom whispered to me with a laugh. I walked briskly down the isle, aware that he and his mother were behind us. I was so tense and high-strung. He walked passed me and my cart on his way down another isle. My family went to check-out and so did he. As I left the store, I had to pass him. As I walked passed, he called out to me, "Hi Erin." I froze. HE spoke to me... Thomas spoke to me... of what I presume is his own free will. We exchanged pleasantries and discussed the fact that he just got home from a mission to Minnesota on Wednesday, how here was warmer than there, and how he was doing classes at USU this coming term. I left the store feeling shell-shocked and rocked to my core. I was also extremely embarrassed because my mom and little sister said that I laid on the flirt just about as thick as they had ever seen.
I just... wow, it was weird to see him. I feel like such a high schooler right now.
^_^ so what if he reads this?
ReplyDeletethough i feel the chances are better that the quad will flood, if he does, he'll know i'm still attracted to him.
ReplyDelete