A friend of mine told me that everything we are starts with what we desire. What we desire leads to how we prioritize, which leads to how we think, which leads to how we choose and we are defined by our choices. When this friend asked me what I desired for my life, I didn't have an answer. Well I have an answer now.
I desire a husband who loves me in spite of my skin, loves to travel, is strong in the LDS Church, wants to be a father, and is my best friend. I want a marriage that will last forever. I desire a family. I want a small ranch in a place like Cache Valley, only warmer. I want horses and dogs. I want a home that my kids will feel safe in. I want a nice house where we can be comfortable. I desire a career that will let me help people while still being a great mom. I want to travel with my family. I want to be able to look back on my life and be satisfied with it.
Desire can be okay, but better to have a personal relationship with Jesus the Christ and allow him to direct your life. Then when this life is finished you will be sure to hear a well done good and faithful servant as you enter into Heaven.
ReplyDelete