Monday, December 6, 2010

obessive & compulsive?

A good friend of mine thinks I am OCD about marriage and relationships. Who knows, maybe I am. I am black and white about relationships, either it is, or it isn't. I'm terrified of getting married then having my heartbroken. I read a lot about it, and I talk about it a lot. I'm so scared of it. But I want to be married. I want a best friend who won't leave me, who will love me, who will put me first the way I will put him first. My friend told me to get a dog. I just want to be loved. I get upset when I find out that people younger than me are getting married. Especially if they've know their fiance for less than 6 months.

I hate being in love with a man who can't/won't love me back.

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with thinking a lot about those things...it is your makeup. You can be married and love someone, and still get your heart broken. The point is that somewhere in there, you both make the committment to stay together no matter what. As in, the "divorce isn't an option" thing. Then you make choices based on your committment to that person. The thing no one tells you is that marriage, like any other relationship is a lot of work and it ebs and flows. Some days you can't get enough of each other and some days you can't get enough space from each other. Love isn't a static measureable thing. I am a huge fan of this subject...

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, FYI, I knew my spouse for 2 months and after dating for 2 weeks, we were engaged. Time is relative baby!

    ReplyDelete