I'm currently single and that's not a bad thing. I'm enjoying not having to worry about looking just right or saying the right things. I'm enjoying life... for the most part. For my major I am taking several classes on marriage and parenting and as I am sitting in class I have been thinking about what I want from life. I am of the opinion that life is a journey and you need to know where you want to go and how to get there if you want something, like a happy home. I want to live in a smaller town somewhere. Somewhere I can have land for a garden, an orchard, and horses. I want a nice house that I can clean and decorate to my hearts desire. I want three to five children, but I'll take whatever the Lord gives me. I want my children to be happy and healthy and to know that their parents love them. I want to be at home with my children, even when they are in school. I would love to be involved with my children's school and extracurricular activities. I also want to be involved with my church. I'd like my children to be around their cousins and I'd like to stay in contact with all of family, in-laws and all. I want to marry someone who will take care of me, the way I will take care of him. I want to be loved, and desired, and looked after. I want a man who will help me raise the kids, who will be an active part of their lives. I want so many things for my life. But the linchpin to this plan is finding a man who wants the same or similar things, and is willing to work on our marriage.
Do you know what you want from life and how to get it?
No. I don't know. But I want to be a wife and mom someday too.
ReplyDeleteBut let's get me through graduation and maybe a date first. :P